IMPORTANT FACTS ABOUT THE
2013 FRIENDSWOOD HIGH SCHOOL BAND PROGRAM
- This year’s marching band had 270 members
- The band program is divided into 5 concert groups – Wind Ensemble, Symphonic Band, Concert Band I, Concert Band 2, Concert Band 3
- Those bands meet during the school day and combine to form the marching band. We also have a jazz band.
- The color guard and drumline have their own classes that meet during the school day during the fall.
- The color guard has a winter program and compete in doors. The have won the State Championship and are ranked 15th in the nation.
- 1 out of every 8 FHS students is a member of the band.
- One out of every 8 members of the National Honor Society is enrolled in band.
- Three out of every 5-band members take private lessons.
- Many band members have gone on to play in college and received scholarships to do so.
- Many are involved in at least two other extracurricular activities outside band and are active in community groups.
- Band students are members of the Academic Decathlon team, UIL Academic Team, ranked among the top ten achievers of the senior class, and have been Salutatorian or Valedictorian.
- 85% are enrolled in AP courses and several members are National Merit Semi-Finalists and Finalists.
- 87% have been on the honor roll.
PAST ACCOMPLISHMENTS OF THE FRIENDSWOOD HS BAND
- 7 trips in a row to the UIL State Marching Contest making the finals 6 times and never finishing below 5th out of 245 4A schools in Texas.
- All concert bands at FHS earn 1st Divisions at UIL Concert & Sight-reading contest.
- Won many local marching contests and has been a BOA Regional and Super-Regional Finalist.
- 2006 4A State Honor Band (State Champion)
- 2010 4A State Honor Band (State Champion)
- Sudler Flag Winner from the John Philip Sousa Foundation.
- Performed at the Midwest Clinic in 2006. 1 of 5 bands selected from the US and Japan that year.
- Performed at the Texas Administrators Superintendents Association Conference in 2006 and 2010.
- Most All-State Band members of the past 10 years in Texas.
- The FHS Band has traveled to Los Angeles, Chicago, New York, Orlando, Dallas, San Antonio, and New Orleans.